Our mission is to reverse the devastating trends of Cardiovascular Disease. With Early Detection and management of atherosclerosis, doctors and patients have a powerful tool to aid in the fight against heart attack and stroke.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one cause of deaths in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease.
- More then 500,000 women die in the U.S. each year of cardiovascular disease, making it, not breast cancer, (40,000 deaths annually), their No.1 killer.
- The third most common cause of death in the U.S. is cerebrovascular disease, more commonly referred to as Stroke and Transient Ischemic Accident (TIA).
- In up to 40% of heart attack patients, traditional risk factors like elevated cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes are absent.
- Despite decades of public education and intervention, one half of Americans can expect to suffer and even die from one or another form of cardiovascular disease.
- One in four Americans who suffer a heart attack will die from their first incident, which is frequently their first and only indication of ill health.
Our mission in bringing HeartSmartIMTplus® to the clinical diagnostic market is to reverse these devastating trends. With early detection and management of atherosclerosis, doctors and patients have a powerful tool to aid in the fight against heart attack and stroke.